History of Jennerstown Community Church
History: United Evangelical – Pittsburgh Conference. A merger of two churches: Evangelical, Pittsburgh Conference and United Brethren, Allegheny Conference. In 1905 the Evangelical group bought the former brick Presbyterian Church. There was no preaching from 1915-1918. On May 18, 1918 the church was re-opened. A new church was dedicated February 5, 1956; and an educational unit was added in 1962. On May 29, 1960 the Jenners Cross Roads United Brethren Church merged with Jennerstown. In 1970 Jennerstown was linked with Bethany and Saint John’s. The membership in 1970 was 138. The membership on January 1, 2002 was 185. On August 1, 2023, the Jennerstown congregation disaffiliated from the United Methodist Church and became Jennerstown Community Church, a Global Methodist congregation.